You have no items in your shopping cart.
Learning Express Toys
...always the perfect toy.
For generations, stacking rings have been must-have toys for infants and toddlers. They’re tried and true for a reason – they teach fundamental skills and have universal appeal to children of this age.
The SpinAgain is a colorful stacking toy with a new twist – the stacking discs corkscrew down the center pole. Toddlers (it’s recommended for 12 months and up) seem to never grow tired of placing the colorful discs at the top and watching them spiral down. It’s a Fall Top Toy!
Here are five reasons we’ve found toddlers love the SpinAgain:
1. Toddlers love repetition. They’ll spin the discs again, and again, and again. Repetition helps toddlers learn about how the world works. As they place the discs on the pole and watch them spiral down over and over, they confirm their understanding of physics – gravity makes the discs go down, not up. As they play, they introduce subtle variations in the activity, such as dropping the discs a little harder or faster to see what happens. Every moment is a discovery!
2. They can play independently. Independent play fosters creativity and critical-thinking skills. Once you’ve shown your child how the SpinAgain works, he can explore the toy on his own – whether that means rolling the discs along the floor, dumping them off the pole, or giving them a chew.
3. They can sort the discs by color or size. Sorting, arranging and grouping are critical cognitive skills for toddlers to learn. With the SpinAgain, kids can practice stacking the discs from largest to smallest, by color, or by shape. Determining which disc goes next helps children learn sequencing skills.
4. The pieces are suited for their little hands, and they learn fine motor skills. The SpinAgain’s smooth, chunky discs are just the right size for young children to grasp and manipulate. As they develop their fine motor skills, they’ll be able to grasp and lift the center pole more easily. The bottom base can be flipped to act as either a stable base or a wobbly base, so as children develop their visual-spatial perception skills, they can increase the challenge.
5. They love to dump things on the floor. A universal-but-sometimes-aggravating trait, toddlers love to explore their environment by dumping anything they can. The SpinAgain is extra fun to dump, as the discs go spinning off the pole the same way they spun on! Luckily, with the SpinAgain, stacking the discs back on is just as much fun as dumping them, so they’ll be content to repeat this activity over and over.
Try one in-store today, and take the SpinAgain for a spin!
One thing we know: Quality matters. And at Learning Express Toys, our buyers have tested many varieties and only stock high-quality fidget toys.
There are cheaper knockoffs out there, but you get what you pay for.
Here are 8 things to know about choosing a high-quality fidget spinner:
- Most people want a smooth, quiet, long spin. That comes from small center bearings known as R188 bearings (used in yo-yos).
- Ceramic hybrid center bearings provide the smoothest spin. These ball bearings are coated in ceramic. The more ceramic, the higher quality the spinner. Higher quality bearings are more costly.
- Steel ball bearings are less expensive and less durable. When steel ball bearings roll against a steel collar, it causes heat and friction that ultimately can cause the spinner to break after a lot of use.
- Larger center bearings known as 608 bearings (used in skateboards) have friction and make a louder noise. Some people like this sensory vibration.
- Aluminum alloy metal fidget spinners offer ninja-like speed, spin the longest and are quietest (best for school).
- High-quality tri-spinners are precision balanced, slower and heftier than the metal spinners and allow you to do certain tricks.
- Look for caps. Spinners without caps can’t spin on the table, and the exposed bearings can get dirty. Some people prefer no caps, and are soothed by the feeling on their fingertips.
- Extra features like glow-in-the-dark, LEDs, patterns, and different shapes and colors make fidget spinners highly collectible!
Here are 3 things to know about choosing a high-quality fidget cube:
- Check that all the sides work! Low-quality cubes sometimes have buttons that don’t click, wheels that don’t roll or joysticks that don’t move in all directions.
- The stress cube should feel good in your hand. Look for a velvet finish, instead of hard, noisy plastic. This is especially important for the worry stone side – you want it to feel satisfying to rub!
- Cubes vary in noise level. Since most people want fidget cubes for school, work or other places where you need to be quiet, check whether any of the sides can be pressed or rolled silently.
For the most comforting, concentration-improving and anxiety-soothing fidgeting, you want high-quality fidget toys that last. We’ve got your fidgeting needs covered.
Don’t forget, you can always ask our Toy Experts at your local Learning Express Toys for advice on choosing your perfect fidget items!
Easter is a wonderful time to enjoy the outdoors and celebrate spring. For me, Easter brings memories of egg hunts in my grandparents’ backyard with my brother and cousins, enjoying the grass, breeze and sunshine in a bright new dress. I also loved when the Easter bunny hid my basket, full of candy and toys, somewhere in the yard to find.
This talking electronic game is as cute as a bug! The bug-shaped wand announces when it’s time for Player 1 and then Player 2 to play. One player blows bubbles while the other pops. On your turn, pop as many bubbles as you can with the Bubble Buster’s antennae, and a “ping” will sound on each one. When the timer runs out, the Bubble Buster will tally how many bubbles each player burst, and announce the winner!
This game encourages active play as kids run and jump to pop as many bubbles as possible. It’s for ages 3 and up, and perfect for siblings, cousins and friends to play together.
The game includes a bubble wand, tray and 4 ounces of bubble solution in addition to the Bubble Buster. All you need is two AAA batteries.
Enjoy the sunshine, and Happy Easter!
I use my phone a LOT. I’m a new mom, so you bet I’m browsing Facebook during all those feeding sessions—and, of course, taking pictures of the baby every hour. After the first few weeks of motherhood, my hand was cramping up bigtime.
Then I got a PopSocket for my phone. I’ve had it for about four days, and I don’t know how I survived without one!
PopSockets are clever stick-on devices that make using your smartphone much more comfortable and practical to use. They function as a grip, a stand, a cord wrap, and more!
When closed, PopSockets personalize your phone. They look like a decorative, half-dollar-sized circle on the back of your smartphone. They come in trendy designs for every taste—from wood grain to the American flag to donuts. Mine has a beautiful mandala-style elephant.
When you pop open the PopSocket by pulling it straight outward from your phone, you can prop up your phone to watch a video, hold the phone between two fingers comfortably for texting or selfies, or wrap your headphones around it.
PopSockets stick to your phone with a sticky gel. The PopSocket can be removed and repositioned many times. If the adhesive gets dirty, you can rinse it with water and let it dry to stick it again—just don’t expose the gel to the air for more than 15 minutes, or it will dry out.
PopSockets are also great for tablets, e-readers, the Nintendo 3DS, on your mirror to hang jewelry, and more.
Paired with the optional PopClip mount, you can even attach your phone to your car's dashboard for music, speakerphone and GPS!
Those Pringles commercials had it right: “Once you pop, you can’t stop!”
Taking a bath has long been my favorite way to relax. Now that I’m a new mom, I appreciate it even more when I can snag 30 minutes in the tub.
I try to make it count by lighting scented candles, putting on some good music, and turning out the lights.
But now there’s a new way to really deck out a bath – Da Bomb bath fizzers!
Da Bomb bath bombs turn your tub into a fizzy, scented, colorful oasis.
When the fizzing’s over, the fun isn’t – there’s a surprise inside each bath bomb!
I was lucky enough to test an Earth Bomb, which has a “sea breeze” scent. As I watched it fizz, it turned my bath (but not my skin or tub!) a beautiful shade of blue.
The bath bomb bubbled away for about two minutes as I waited for my prize to emerge. Ta-da: A plastic shark was inside!
The soothing oils in the bath fizzer made my skin feel great and the bath even more luxurious. I’ll definitely need more of these!
As a bonus, part of the proceeds of the Earth Bomb go toward saving the world’s oceans – a cause near and dear to my heart as an aquarium lover.
Da Bomb bath bombs were created by two sisters, Isabel and Caroline, at the ages of 10 and 11. They are hand-made in the USA with only a few simple ingredients: baking soda, citric acid, food grade PEG, fragrance and pigments. They may look tasty (especially the ones with sprinkles) but they are not edible!
The prizes inside are small, so these bath bombs are not for young children. They range from sea creatures to pirate booty to famous quotes, depending on the style. Da Bomb bath bombs make perfect gifts for kids and adults, and they’re great in Easter baskets!
They definitely are Da Bomb. (Do kids even say that anymore?)
Relax and enjoy!