You have no items in your shopping cart.
One thing we know: Quality matters. And at Learning Express Toys, our buyers have tested many varieties and only stock high-quality fidget toys.
There are cheaper knockoffs out there, but you get what you pay for.
Here are 8 things to know about choosing a high-quality fidget spinner:
- Most people want a smooth, quiet, long spin. That comes from small center bearings known as R188 bearings (used in yo-yos).
- Ceramic hybrid center bearings provide the smoothest spin. These ball bearings are coated in ceramic. The more ceramic, the higher quality the spinner. Higher quality bearings are more costly.
- Steel ball bearings are less expensive and less durable. When steel ball bearings roll against a steel collar, it causes heat and friction that ultimately can cause the spinner to break after a lot of use.
- Larger center bearings known as 608 bearings (used in skateboards) have friction and make a louder noise. Some people like this sensory vibration.
- Aluminum alloy metal fidget spinners offer ninja-like speed, spin the longest and are quietest (best for school).
- High-quality tri-spinners are precision balanced, slower and heftier than the metal spinners and allow you to do certain tricks.
- Look for caps. Spinners without caps can’t spin on the table, and the exposed bearings can get dirty. Some people prefer no caps, and are soothed by the feeling on their fingertips.
- Extra features like glow-in-the-dark, LEDs, patterns, and different shapes and colors make fidget spinners highly collectible!
Here are 3 things to know about choosing a high-quality fidget cube:
- Check that all the sides work! Low-quality cubes sometimes have buttons that don’t click, wheels that don’t roll or joysticks that don’t move in all directions.
- The stress cube should feel good in your hand. Look for a velvet finish, instead of hard, noisy plastic. This is especially important for the worry stone side – you want it to feel satisfying to rub!
- Cubes vary in noise level. Since most people want fidget cubes for school, work or other places where you need to be quiet, check whether any of the sides can be pressed or rolled silently.
For the most comforting, concentration-improving and anxiety-soothing fidgeting, you want high-quality fidget toys that last. We’ve got your fidgeting needs covered.
Don’t forget, you can always ask our Toy Experts at your local Learning Express Toys for advice on choosing your perfect fidget items!
The fidget toy has been around since the dawn of time. The cave man fidgeted with rocks and sticks and today we fidget with more sophisticated items, such as stress balls, worry stones, paper clips, pens and anything we can get our hands on.
We all have a lot of distractions; however, studies find that fidget toys help children and adults reduce stress and anxiety and increase concentration, attention and active listening. Just look at the compelling research below!
Children with ADHD benefit from fidget toys in the classroom for increased focus, learning and remembering. In a study by the University of Central Florida, “Kids with ADHD Must Squirm to Learn”, Mark Rapport says, “What we’ve found is that when they’re moving the most, the majority of them perform better. They have to move to maintain alertness.”
In a recent Fidgety Block Facebook post, a Learning Express customer said, “I bought one for my son who has ADHD and this is awesome. Keeps him busy so he can concentrate.”
The February 5, 2017 Columbus Dispatch article “Classes calmer as schools help kids reduce stress” says every classroom now has a bin full of "fidgets" — tiny toys such as squishy balls and water bottles filled with glitter liquid that children can handle while they listen or read.
Adults also need such fidgety distractions at home and work. The article “The Science of Why We Fidget While We Work” indicates a correlation between working with our hands and increased memory and creativity.
Learning Express Toys Best Fidget Toy Review: Fidgety Block
One of the most sought after fidget tools today is the Fidgety Block. The Fidgety Block is a unique six-sided block that you can click, glide, flip, breathe, roll and spin.
It takes all of the other fidget toys and rolls them into one grand tool that is perfect for kids and adults. Based on the video above, you would think this is a noisy toy, but in reality the buttons, switches and gears make little to no noise so nearby occupants will not be disturbed.
Fidget toys are not a new phenomenon, but the Fidgety Block is the new can’t-put-down toy that has sensory benefits for everyone.
The Fidget Spinner is the latest Hot Trend in fidget toys. The Fidget Spinner is the perfect fidget toy for restless hands. It will hypnotize you as the toy spins faster and faster in your hand or on your desk. The spinner is constructed with hybrid ceramic center bearings for longer spin time. This increases the spin factor up to 1.5 minutes. The toy is relatively quiet only making a weak swoosh sound. This addicting toy should be top on your list of fidgety toys.
When I hear the word Slinky, my first thought goes to the unforgettable Slinky jingle, “What walks down stairs, alone or in pairs and makes a slinkity sound...” Slinky has evolved since that commercial. Here is the next generation Slinky/fidget toy, Light-Up Slinky! As you stretch it like an accordion, make it walk down stairs, bounce it from hand to hand or just pick it up and let it slink back down, you become mesmerized by the feel, look and classic sound of the Slinky. Turn off the light and you can watch and relax with a psychedelic light show as you play.
Crazy Aaron’s Thinking Putty provides a variety of sensory experiences: It’s smooth to the touch, but can be twisted or molded to be bumpy or textured. If you pull it slowly, it stretches, but if you pull it quickly, it snaps with a satisfying noise. Certain colors of Thinking Putty are color-changing based on heat or light, providing visual stimulation as well. Another perfect fidget toy.
Mom and Dad: As the kids try your patience, these fidget toys are the perfect way to de-stress. If the kids need calming, don’t let them borrow your toy--you can always find a supply of fidget toys for each member of the family at your local Learning Express Toy Store location.