You have no items in your shopping cart.
Choosing Fidget Spinners and Fidget Cubes: Why Quality Counts
This entry was posted on April 13, 2017.
One thing we know: Quality matters. And at Learning Express Toys, our buyers have tested many varieties and only stock high-quality fidget toys.
There are cheaper knockoffs out there, but you get what you pay for.
Here are 8 things to know about choosing a high-quality fidget spinner:
- Most people want a smooth, quiet, long spin. That comes from small center bearings known as R188 bearings (used in yo-yos).
- Ceramic hybrid center bearings provide the smoothest spin. These ball bearings are coated in ceramic. The more ceramic, the higher quality the spinner. Higher quality bearings are more costly.
- Steel ball bearings are less expensive and less durable. When steel ball bearings roll against a steel collar, it causes heat and friction that ultimately can cause the spinner to break after a lot of use.
- Larger center bearings known as 608 bearings (used in skateboards) have friction and make a louder noise. Some people like this sensory vibration.
- Aluminum alloy metal fidget spinners offer ninja-like speed, spin the longest and are quietest (best for school).
- High-quality tri-spinners are precision balanced, slower and heftier than the metal spinners and allow you to do certain tricks.
- Look for caps. Spinners without caps can’t spin on the table, and the exposed bearings can get dirty. Some people prefer no caps, and are soothed by the feeling on their fingertips.
- Extra features like glow-in-the-dark, LEDs, patterns, and different shapes and colors make fidget spinners highly collectible!
Here are 3 things to know about choosing a high-quality fidget cube:
- Check that all the sides work! Low-quality cubes sometimes have buttons that don’t click, wheels that don’t roll or joysticks that don’t move in all directions.
- The stress cube should feel good in your hand. Look for a velvet finish, instead of hard, noisy plastic. This is especially important for the worry stone side – you want it to feel satisfying to rub!
- Cubes vary in noise level. Since most people want fidget cubes for school, work or other places where you need to be quiet, check whether any of the sides can be pressed or rolled silently.
For the most comforting, concentration-improving and anxiety-soothing fidgeting, you want high-quality fidget toys that last. We’ve got your fidgeting needs covered.
Don’t forget, you can always ask our Toy Experts at your local Learning Express Toys for advice on choosing your perfect fidget items!