Gummy Candy Lab
- Make your own delicious gummy candies
- Learn about the scientific properties of natural Polymers
- Ages 6+, 16 page full color manual and experiment guide
- Some ingredients processed in facilities that also process milk, egg, tree nuts, wheat, Peanuts, and soybeans.
- Skill Level: Intermediate
The Gummy Candies
After you've made your yummy gummy shapes, you can wrap them in a plastic bag and label it with fun stickers that are included in the kit! Your scientific creation is a great sweet and sour treat for your friends and family!
Aside from an experiment to guide you in making your gummy candies, additional experiments explore different chemistry concepts. Can you remove the color from your gummies? What happens when you melt one of your gummy shapes and then freeze it? The experiments in the kit explore the how's and why's in detail.
Kids are introduced to scientific terms and processes in the 'Geek Out!' sections of the manual. Things like phases of matter and how to detect acids and bases are described in easy-to-understand language and accompanied by clear illustrations, photographs, and real-life applications to make these concepts more tangible.