Mega Cyborg Hand
- Build your own awesome, wearable mechanical hand that you operate with your own fingers.
- No motors, no batteries — just the power of air pressure, water, and your own hands!
- Hydraulic pistons enable the mechanical fingers to open and close and grip objects with enough force to lift them. Every finger joint can be adjusted to different angles for precision movement.
- Three configurations: right hand, left hand, and claw-like; adjustable to fit virtually any human hand.
- Learn how pneumatic and hydraulic systems are used in industrial robots such as automobile components.
Once assembled, your cyborg's hand slips onto your own hand like a glove, with mechanical fingers that you operate with your own fingers and that can grip objects with enough force to lift them. Challenge yourself to pick up and hold a variety of items like bottles, pencils, small items--anything with reach!
The hand can be configured in three ways--left hand, right hand, and claw-like, with the thumb in the center--and can be adjusted to fit virtually all hand sizes. A 40-page, full-color manual guides model building and experimentation and provides engaging scientific information about how pneumatic and hydraulic systems are used in industrial robots to assist with a variety of tasks in our modern world.
Construct a GIANT, wearable hydraulic hand!
- A hands-on STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) experiment kit, Mega Cyborg Hand provides a fun and engaging introduction to hydraulics, pneumatics, and robotics.
- Use the 203 pieces to assemble a 16-inch robotic hand that slips onto your own hand like a glove, with mechanical fingers that you operate with your own fingers.
- During assembly, you'll conduct experiments with different parts of the mechanical hand to learn more about air and water power and hydraulic transmissions.
- Customizable: adjust for different sized hands and easily re-configure for right- and left-handed users, or to use it like a claw, with the thumb in the center.
- 52-page, full-color instruction manual provides detailed step-by-step assembly instructions, clear scientific explanations and examples of hydraulic and pneumatic systems in the real world, and a fun comic about the fictional adventures of the Mega Cyborg Hand!
- No motors, no batteries--just the power of water, air, and your own hands!
Water-powered pistons control each of the fingers, which are articulated in three different points.
Adjustable joints allow for precise control and amazing gripping capabilities.
Challenge yourself to pick up and hold items of different shapes and sizes!