Crystal Growing Kit
- CREATE A CONSTELLATION LIGHT - Learn how to grow your own crystals and use them to build your own interstellar landscape. This complete craft kit comes with all the craft supplies you need to create 1 star light. (4 AA batteries required, not included).
- SCIENCE KIT FOR KIDS - Crystal Growing is the perfect STEAM activity! Grow your own crystals and use them to design your constellation light.
- CRYSTAL GROWING KIT - Perfect for geology enthusiasts! Use the included ingredients to grow your own crystals. Crystal growth is random, individual results may vary - if not satisfied with your crystals, just re-try again with the same materials!
- SENSORY TOY ACTIVITY - Clay play boosts fine motor skills by strengthening finger and hand muscles. The repetitive motions of clay play provide a therapeutic and calming experience.
- KID TESTED AND SAFE - Since 1976, Creativity for Kids has proudly created safe, innovative products that meet or exceed U.S. Safety standards as determined by independent laboratory testing.
Benefits of Clay Play
Clay play boosts fine motor skills by strengthening finger and hand muscles. The repetitive motions of clay play provide a therapeutic and calming experience.
Completely Unique to You!
Inspire creativity with this opened ended arts and craft activity.
From crystal growing to blending and decorating your light, this craft is completely unique to you!
Star Light Crystal Growing Kit is the perfect STEAM activity! Combine the science of crystal growing with astronomy as you create your own custom constellation.
Learn Geology with Crystal Growing
Crystal growing is a great activity for young scientists to learn about geology and how dissolved minerals form a variety of crystals found in nature.
Mix Crystal Power
Step 1 - Fill container with 1/2 cup of water.
Step 2 - Microwave uncovered for 1 minute until almost boiling.
Step 3 - Mix 1 packet of crystal growing powder into the hot water, stirring until dissolved.
Tip: Water must be hot for power to dissolve. If not completely dissolved, microwave for 15 more seconds and stir again.
Wait 8 Hours
Step 1 - Place a paper towel loosely over the container. It should not be completely sealed or left entirely uncovered.
Step 2 - Place it in an area where you can leave it undisturbed for 8 hours or overnight.
Tip: Make sure your container is not bumped at all! Even a slight vibration could prevent the crystals from forming. Leave entirely undisturbed.
Step 1 - Once your crystals are complete, gently nudge them with your spoon to lift the container.
Step 2 - Carefully remove the crystals and place them on a paper towel to dry.
Tip: Use the 2nd packet included in this kit to make even more crystals, or save them for another time!
Crystal Troubleshooting Tips
Crystal growth is random and results may vary!
1. If you are not satisfied with the crystal size or shape, just try again by re-heating water and dissolving the existing crystal.
2. Heat and humidity can effect crystal growth due to evaporation rate. If its very humid, try using a small fan nearby (not pointing directly at the container)
3. Water type may impact your crystal growth. If you have tried using tap water without success, try bottled/purified water, or vice versa.